Tuesday Tutorial (On A Monday) - Earth Day Succulent Planters

Earth Day DIY succulent planters

Earth Day is next Tuesday, April 22 and since I am squeezing in one more Easter recipe for tomorrow's Tuesday Tip, I'm sharing today for Tuesday Tutorial.

I have no green thumb. If you can't move and tell me you need help, you are in serious trouble. I'm not ashamed to say I have no plants in my house and I've been threatening to create a garden for the past 10 years. But to celebrate Earth Day, if you are like me, put your fears aside because making a succulent planter is the easiest, least-intimidating project ever.

Earth Day DIY succulent planter

For my Sunshine And Grey GNO Party everyone potted their own succulents and the hardest part was choosing which plant they wanted to take.

Hang onto all kinds of glassware like mayo and salsa jars, they all make perfect containers and of course, recycling is always cool.  I've had these glass fishbowls from Dollar Tree for the longest time, but if I had thought ahead better, I would have used recycled glassware instead.

Wash your containers out with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly.  Add a layer of river rocks for drainage, then add in your soil and plant.  I found this pretty crushed glass at Michael's that was the perfect way to finish it off.  Be sure if you use some type of topper, it can drain water well.

DIY succulent planters

I know...so hard and complicated! Now, you can have a little green for your office or desk or a great gift idea that will keep on giving.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,