Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Cinco De Mayo Party

Disclaimer - This is a post for Oriental Trading as part of their Blogger Community. This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed. I was provided the product free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.



The ultimate fiesta, Cinco De Mayo is coming up and not only is all next week is Summer Fiesta Party Hop, where a group of fabulous bloggers came together to show everyone how to party it up DIY style, but I wanted to kick off the celebration by inspiring you to hit the patio or backyard with my own little fiesta with some help from Oriental Trading.

They have a plethora (Oh yes, you have a plethora...Jefe, what is a plethora?....sorry, drifted into The Three Amigos, best movie evah) of Cinco De Mayo and fiesta party supplies.

Cinco De Mayo party table

I chose every color of the rainbow for my color scheme because I wanted everything to be festive and bright.  A little bit of color goes a long way so I toned things down with my burlap table cloth...it's like the age-old makeup rule, do up your eyes or mouth, but not both.  Kraft butcher paper would work just as well.

Cinco De Mayo party table place settings

Each placesetting received special treatment with mini plastic sombrero hat place cards and tiny wood maracas; I carefully slit into each sombrero to place the card.  You could also use them for your food and menu cards.

Cinco De Mayo party table DIY pinata lanterns

I know you love my piñata placemats and lanterns from yesterday's sneak peek...if you missed it, check back on how I made them.  Cluster them with a papel picado garland and your party space is complete.

Cinco De Mayo party table flower topped favor bags

I always send my guests homes with memories and a little favor love.  I clipped flower hair clips on colored craft bags for a double-duty thank you.  Your more clever guests may figure this out sooner and wear their hair clip during the party. Or several, depending on how strong your margaritas are.


Cinco De Mayo party table cactus shooters

Everyone needs cactus shot glasses in their lives...dirty them up with tequila shots or keep it clean with Jell-O and a swirl of whipped cream as a sweet sendoff.

Cinco De Mayo party table margarita glasses

I own every type of glassware under the sun...except margarita glasses.  So imagine my shock and giddy awe that I found these fabulous ones at Dollar Tree.  Yup.  Dollar Tree.  No, these aren't plastic or flimsy glass... real margarita glasses.  There are places that I frequent and love that easily charge $7 for this glass.

Cinco De Mayo party table mini pinatas

Mini piñatas...check!

Where to buy:
square paper lanterns, flower hair clips, cactus shot glasses, mini sombrero hats, fiesta cutout garland, wood maracas, mini piñatas - Oriental Trading
margarita glasses - Dollar Tree
leaf plates - Pier 1 (discontinued)
white appetizer plates - World Market
colored craft bags - Michael's
medium and large square serving bowls- The Entertaining Shoppe

Disclaimer - This is a post for Oriental Trading as part of their Blogger Community. This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed. I was provided the product free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,