Tuesday Tutorial - Memorial Day Dinner Napkin Tassel Garland With Chinet

I participated in the It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party and was provided the product free of charge by the company or PR firm as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with House Party. This review is based strictly on my opinion.

Memorial Day dinner napkin tassel garland with @MyChinet
This weekend, I will be taking part in the It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party with my Memorial Day GNO.  I've been working on a few party items using the box of product I was sent, and today I'm sharing a sneak peek with the tassel garland I made with Chinet®'s dinner napkins that is going on my drink bar.



When I first saw the dinner napkins, I was impressed! They are large, 3-ply and luxurious. So, of course, I had to make something with them.  This are perfect for Memorial Day or 4th Of July if you are looking for a quick decor project for a party wall, porch banister, wherever needs a little pretty.  And if you have rowdy friends like me, they may need to wipe off their greasy fingers on something.

What you'll need besides the napkins are your choice of red, white and/or blue washi tape and twine for hanging.


The steps to making a dinner napkin tassel are similar to making tissue paper tassels, but easier because the napkin is pre-folded and ready for cutting.  Don't unfold the napkin and turn it so the napkin fold is at the top.  Cut one inch wide slits up the napkin towards the fold, to about 1 inches from the fold line.


Because these napkins are 3-ply, when you separate the napkin, you will have 3 pieces that will each become a tassel.  Cool, right?

Now, you just follow basic tassel making steps...lay one of the pieces flat and using the solid center section, begin to roll the napkin up, being careful to keep the fringe from tangling.


Twist the center into a loop and wrap with washi tape.  Repeat with the remaining two pieces.

Memorial Day dinner napkin tassels with @MyChinet

Make as many as you need to make your garland as long as you like.  Now, go forth and get napkins.

Come back tomorrow for a cute gumball favor idea.

I participated in the It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party and was provided the product free of charge by the company or PR firm as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with House Party. This review is based strictly on my opinion.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,