Patriotic Pinwheel Garland + Flags


I love all of the amazing projects popping up in my Pinterest feed for the 4th of July.  If you haven't noticed, I also have a few patriotic crafts and parties in my sidebar.  And to top things off, I'm sharing ANOTHER nautical patriotic party for this week's Fiesta Friday but today, it's all about quick, last-minute decor with items.

In the age of tissue tassels and lanterns, it's hard to remember when the pinwheel ruled the party scene. But I'm bringin' them back, because they are so easy to make and with the range of pretty papers out there, you can make a fabulous impact with little effort.




I won't bore you with the 'how to make a pinwheel' details...you can Google that. But I will share the garland and flag details...


Ah...double sided scrapbook paper is the best invention since the wheel...what have I not done with it?  For pinwheels, it's perfect.  I made 3" pinwheels with brads and flattened them down.  A drop of hot glue on the back and I attached them to bakers' twine.  I know...how easy is that?



The flags are 4" pinwheels that I glued on after I covered clothespins with washi tape.  Again...easy peasy.

So if you need a fun garland for your table or deck railing and a little fun to clip to food and candy bowls, you are all set.


If you have a little more time, check out my patriotic starburst tutorial over on The Hostess Blog.  Yup, I know, they have been done to death but like I said, I'm bringing the classics back.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , ,