Fiesta Friday/Real Party - It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO

I participated in the It’s Hip To Be Square With Chinet® House Party and was provided the product free of charge by the company or PR firm as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with House Party. This review is based strictly on my opinion.


Happy 4th Of July!  I guess there is no better time than now to share my Memorial Day GNO.  Back in May, I was chosen to participate in the It's Hip To Be Square with Chinet® House Party.  So, I invited a few girlfriends over for some laughs and a few drinks.  Plus, I had to use up the fun box of goodies and give out to my guests.

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO bar cart

Remember the dinner napkin tassel tutorial? Of course you do...I'm sure you are wondering how I used it. And if you look closely on the bottom, you will see the favor cups I made with Chinet® 9 oz tumblers.


It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO drinks

Who needs fancy stemware with Cut Crystal tumblers?  They were perfect with all of our beverages.

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO food

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO place cards

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO cheesecake

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO square plates

I kept the table simple; handwriting onto mini notecards from Minted for place cards, making table confetti from cut up pieces of crepe paper.  I wanted the bright colors of our food to really shine. When you are getting together with your friends, setting out food and minimal decor is the best way to go.  Don't be slaving away in the kitchen, be out with a drink in your hand!

As a hostess, I'm always trying to find the easiest ways to make a maximum impact.  I think these square plates are going to do it.  I've done this with my square cake stands; layering with coordinating scrapbook paper so they match your party decor.  Why buy themed plates when you can make them yourself and save money?

And don't let the plastic cutlery fool you...they are also Crystal Cut, with fancy designs cut through the handles.  I like to use real or wooden cutlery but these are so sturdy you can reuse them.

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO fruit infused vodka

And because I always have to have SOMETHING crafty going on...what better way to bring in the summer than infusing vodka!  I put out soft summer fruits like strawberries and pineapple, garnishes like mint and basil and we had fun mixing and matching.  In a week, everyone had a fabulous cocktail base plus vodka infused fruit for sangrias.

And guess what? The Chinet® paper table cover has a layer of plastic underneath so you don't get the dreaded melt-through if something spills on it. I even wrote on mine with marker with no bleed through.

It’s Hip to be Square with Chinet® House Party GNO group

I hope you have been inspired for your next get-together.  A few munchies, supplies and good friends are all you need.  And a good cocktail.

I participated in the It’s Hip To Be Square With Chinet® House Party and was provided the product free of charge by the company or PR firm as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with House Party. This review is based strictly on my opinion.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , , , , ,