Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Classic Arcade Game Truck Party

Disclaimer – I was provided party supplies from Birthday Express for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. Others may have a different opinion or experience with Birthday Express.


So the boys turned 10 and 13, a week apart. And since I did the Mario Game Truck Party when the oldest turned 10, the little one had to have the same. But with finals that week, mama bear did not have the time or energy to do two birthday parties. So I said, hey can we combine them as a joint party and I promise it won't be cheesy. And they said OK.

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party

But I did insist on a classic arcade theme.  They really didn't care.  2 hours of video games and pizza was their only requirement.
So I called up the fabulous Game Truck again, they rolled out to the house and I squeezed 16 boys into there.  A decision I would regret later when 16 sweaty, hungry boys descended on the house.  But that's another story for another day.

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party backdrop

I've been hanging on to this Space Invaders-themed wall decals from IKEA for the longest time (ok, years...), because I had great Pinterest inspired dreams of turning their bedroom walls into a space battle scene worthy of George Lucas.

I let the dream go and turned it into our party wall backdrop.  I think it looks better here anyways.


A very talented friend cut out all the wood shapes that I needed to bring everything to life. Because now I have big dreams of mounting everything to their bedroom walls.  Talk to me in about 2 years and let's see how that went.

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party supplies from Birthday Express

My friends at Birthday Express sent us some goodies to use.  We've already done the Mario theme and I wasn't really feeling their PAC-MAN party set (it's not retro)...so I had to mix and match a little.  We went with the Super Mario Party lollipop kit, Mario beverage napkins and PAC-MAN and Ghost candy tins.

And can I tell you,  the kids snatched up all the tins fast.  I had to remind them, gently, that  everyone gets ONE tin.  Some kids reached in their bags and put a few back.  I don't blame them, those tins are awesome.

I may be over mustaches but I couldn't resist making Mario Mustaches again

.
Classic Arcade Game Truck Party Mario Mustaches

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party Pac-Man and Ghost cupcakes

OK...so I think my cupcake toppers are genius.  I made them myself.  I found this awesome PAC-MAN ice cube mold at Think Geek, and made them with candy melt.  When the ghosts were set, I added on the candy eyes with dabs of candy melt.  The kids thought they were erasers.  Ah...they know just how to make me feel good.  No, says I , you can eat them!

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party food table

Classic Arcade Game Truck Party pizza

Since pizza was the only food they wanted to have, pizza they got.  And cheese puff balls.  And lemonade.  I know, I usually try to sneak in something healthy.  But a deal's a deal.

Yup,  those are wood shapes, just like the Space Invader ships...aren't they the COOLEST?  My friend's husband did all the hard working cutting them out, I just painted them.  I told him we need to go into business together.  He laughed...he only has like a bazillion other projects he's work on...like fixing up the ice cream cart his wife found last year.  I'm still waiting on that.  Perhaps it will be ready by my Popsicle party? 'Cuz how cool would that be?  I'm going to need to get on him for that.


I gotta give a big shout out to Game Truck because having the party come to you is the best idea ever.  The kids (or whoever you want, grownups too!) can play for two hours and by the time they come in sweaty and hungry, you can feed them and send them home.   And although they aren't a sponsor, I'm still going to let you know if you book your next party with them and say I sent you, Dawn Smith of Not Just A Mommy, they will knock $20 off your party package.  That's just a standard practice.  So when your friends book and say you sent them, they'll get $20 off too.

Totally worth it, y'all.

Disclaimer – I was provided party supplies from Birthday Express for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. Others may have a different opinion or experience with Birthday Express.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,