Real Party - Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party invitations
Last year I shared my inspiration board for my Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party...and never got around to sharing the party. So I totally meant to share it this year before Mother's Day...but not so much. But hey, better late than never right?

Since I only have boys, tea parties are non-existent. But who says I can't have one for myself?

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party backdrop

As always, I have a party centerpiece...and my party wall is it! I made coordinating paper rosettes and hung paper fans.




Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party placesetting

I made simple but pretty centerpieces using teapots filled with flowers atop a gold bead charger.  Alas, I don't have the pleasure of china handed down, so I begged and borrowed tea settings.  If you are like me, don't be afraid to reach out for help.  With promises you will take extra, special care of them, of course.

Each placesetting was set with a cute shortbread terrier and handwritten place cards.  Yup, I simply trimmed paper doilies and adhered them to kraft cardstock.

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party favors

I love take out boxes for favors and it was easy to class them up with washi tape and twine.

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party drinks

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party Brunch

Of course, at a tea you must have scones and finger sandwiches...but finger sandwiches leave me hungry so I opted for wraps instead.  And bless you, local catering company...you made my life so much easier.  But I did make the Pineapple Upside Down Bundts. I love to make pineapple upside down cake.  This time, they were perfect in mini pans, topped off with pineapple topping and powdered sugar.

My fabulous friend Chris of Gibbs Cookies made shortbread cookies that I dipped in chocolate and tied on bakers' twine to resemble tea bags.

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party Pineapple Upside Down Bundts

Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party shortbread teabag cookies


Mother's Day Tea Birthday Party tea pots

A fabulous day had by all! I hope you found lots of inspiration for your own grown-up tea party for a day out with your girls.

If you need more tea party inspiration, check out my Impromptu Tea Party and my roundup of ideas for Seattle Mamas.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , ,