We Go Wednesday - Seattle Bloggers Unite At Aran Goyoaga Studio

Seattle Bloggers Unite A Spring Social
photo by Lyndsey Wells
So clearly it's not Wednesday...and if I don't post this now, it will be even more months.  Plus, my new series Makers + Shakers goes live this Wednesday.  Yeah, I don't like more than one post going live per day.

A few years ago, my friend Lyndsey of The Stationery Place decided to corral Seattle bloggers into one central location place to connect, plan meetups and share news. Thus, Seattle Bloggers Unite was born. We’ve been at some great spots, from DRY Soda headquarters to Trophy Cupcakes.  And eventually, I will get around to sharing our recent trip to Farewell Paperie where I made my own letterpress cards!

With my night classes, I’ve been missing a lot of meetups...actually, I haven't been since the Trophy Cupcakes event. So when the email for the next meetup hit my inbox for THE Aran Goyoaga’s studio AND she is on the panel, AND it wasn't on a class night, I was there. Yes, Aran Goyoaga of Cannelle Et Vanille, fabulous food stylist and photographer, author of Small Plates and Sweet Treats…I’m sorry, my crush slipped out a bit.

Sorry for the quality of my photos, it was dim and my phone's camera works only in daylight.  It's like an anti-vampire...


The fabulous Lisette Wolter-McKinley hard at work styling the event...






I love a fun craft that works as an ice-breaker; watercolors were out for us to create name tag corsages.  One of many pretty details...




Our panel of speakers; Brandi Henderson of The Pantry at Delancey, Aran, and Alice Currah of Savory Sweet Life.  It was so inspiring to hear about their life experiences and how they ended up where they are now; this helps me continue putting one foot in front of the other with my own blog.



I loved how pretty our swag bags were.  They could have only had tissue in them and I would have been just as happy.  We had all these goodies from local business...Kinfolk | Hot Cakes Cakery | studioMANUFACT | Pelindaba Lavender | Sparrow + Wolf | Dahlia Press | Wren Bird Arts | Rachel Austin | San Juan Sea Salt | Wallingford & Co. 

If you want to see more photos of the event, check out SBU's wrap up post....and play a game of Where's Dawn? in my yellow sweater.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,