Real Party - Bon Voyage, 2014! New Year's Eve Party

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party

It's my final post of 2014 and what better way to send it out than sharing our New Year's Eve Party, Bon Voyage, 2014!

We kept it low key this year, after coming back from almost a week in Vancouver, BC on Tuesday (check out some of our trip photos on Instagram) and my sister-in-law coming in for a visit yesterday.

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party

Don't let the backdrop wall fool you...it's been up since the boy's Christmas party so it was easy pulling the rest together.


It all started with the globes I found on our trip at the greatest place on earth, Dollarama.  We need them here in the U.S.  Seriously.  I saw them and was like, 'I'm going to need to use those right away' and Bon Voyage, 2014! was born.

It's all about height when it comes to creating an interesting and dynamic table; I pulled out my favorite vintage suitcase and cake stands.  And disco balls.  Because I also found the large ones at Dollarama.  I know.


Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party cheesecake

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party macarons

You know me and my store-bought goodies...pre-sliced cheesecake looks way classier when plated with fun skewers.  I used edible spray paint and glitter on Trader Joe's macarons.  I am addicted to edible spray paint and glitter.

I love how perfect my new CB2 app tag plates worked as luggage tag name cards...so easy to write on with a chalk marker.

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party macarons

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party Rice Krispy treats

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party blowers

Psst...I love party blowers but sometimes they come in colors that don't quite vibe with the party scheme.  No worries, just pull the cardboard part off and use it as a template to trace out coordinating paper and replace it. I found fun map paper to use for replacing a few of my blowers.

My favorite part was making champagne floats; oh-so-easy with a dollop of gelato topped off with champagne...oh so good!

This is also the debut of my new mirrored tray a dear friend got me for Christmas...she knows me so well because shockingly, I don't have a mirrored tray and always wanted one.

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party champagne floats

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party champagne floats

Bon Voyage, 2014 New Year's Eve Party champagne floats

Wishing you and your family and fabulous New Year's!




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,