With the arrival of spring, of course that means it is FINALLY time to share a fabulous party I was part of last summer. I say it's a perfect way to celebrate spring because decorating doughnuts is a great brunch or spring fling idea. Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch but I'm running with it.
Last year, a local doughnut place named FROST
moved into a larger location, and it got my party wheels turning. I approached them about having a open house party to show the locals the new digs, and what a great space it would be to host your own party. Before I knew it, it turned into Party With A Purpose, a fundraiser for the amazing Seattle Children's Hospital
It was an amazing afternoon with lots of kids and lots of fun decorating doughnuts, sampling new cupcake flavors and general excitement . I even met a few of SCH young patients and was so grateful they could attend and have an afternoon just being kids.
I've been waiting to share professional photos. Unfortunately, at the last minute, the event photographer fell through and another was used, but that was a wash too. I snapped my own photos last minute, so some of them aren't the greatest. With everything going on, I didn't get many photos while the event was going. But I think there are enough photos here for you to get the gist, so grab a cup of coffee and your favorite pastry, there are a lot of photos ahead...
Of course, I was in charge of decor, activities, thank you bags, you know, event coordination, so I reached out to some of my favorite party vendors to join the party and they were game! The goodies started rolling in and I couldn't wait to get everything pulled together.
We used two color schemes, SCH's logo colors in orange and teal and FROST's pink and brown.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of inside the thank you bags for our ticket holders...FROST employees assembled 100 of them on site while I was setting up and then the event started, yada, yada, yada, no photos of them. Let me paint a picture of what was inside each bag...
- Sweets And Treats Boutique sent various gold paper straws that I repackaged as a sampler package.
- Oriental Trading Company sent clear macaron boxes so we could put in a FROST orange macaron in each. OTC also send super hero masks and stickers (because every child is a super hero and has their own unique powers, of course).
- Whisker Graphics sent bags filled with samples of their fun products like Bitty Bags and tags.
- SweetWorks gave us sprinkled-covered gumballs and all the candy we used for decorating the doughnuts. I also included these fun diamond shaped crayons and coupons from local businesses.
- I created a bridal table, 'He Put A Ring On It', showcasing FROST's fabulous baked goods that would be available to order for a shower or wedding.
- There were so many gorgeous flower arrangements, courtesy of Candice Szarzec of The Petal and the Stem. There were two fabulous tall centerpieces that I wish I had photos of...Candice did an amazing job.
- My favorite element was the simplest...Ring Pops in Sixlet-filled ornaments. Great idea...not so much sitting in the sun where the Ring Pops then became stuck on the candy. But otherwise, great idea!
- Another fabulous element in our bridal area, our Confetti Bar...my favorite part, since, hello! Confetti! Jessica of The Confetti Bar sent us lots of fabulous confetti for guests to mix and match for little bags of sparkly fun.
With fall approaching, we served samples of FROST's new fall cupcake and doughnut flavors to go along with glasses of wine donated by Treveri Cellars
- Each of the cafe tables in the lounge area had more flowers in CathysWraps' oh-so-fabulous flower vases. Yes indeed, I hand punched all the stars for table confetti and those hung up to decorate the backs of the lounge area chairs...
- We had so many candy and frosting toppings to choose from...this by far was my favorite party idea. Cake doughnuts are sturdy enough to hold up to manhandling while frosting and decorating. Kids and grownups had a blast!
- The ribbons hanging over the table are tied to balloons...soooooo meant to get a shot of the balloons floating against the ceiling.
As if decorating doughnuts wasn't enough, Caravan
donated their Ultimate Lemonade Stand collection so we could put up their wall posters for the kids to color.
- My plan was to have my cupcake garland made with Sweets & Treats Boutique's cupcake liners hang across the front of the case...but it ended up better along the top not blocking all the goodies.
It was a crazy day but worth it all...I am so thankful to the amazing businesses that donated so many amazing products and time to make our event such a success! Please visit them all...
Event styling and coordination, logo design and signage - yours truly, Not Just A Mommy
Event host and location - FROST
- lemonade wall art
- paper vase holders
Oriental Trading Company
- balloons and helium, silver fringe (bridal bar backdrop), macaron boxes, super hero masks and stickers
Sweets And Treats Boutique
- paper straws, cupcake liners
The Confetti Bar
The Petal and the Stem
- floral arrangements
University Of Washington Bookstore
- children's books
- Bitty Bag samplers
Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on Facebook
. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter sign up by email
. You can also follow the blog with Feedly.