Paint Chip Easter Egg Place Cards

Paint Chip Easter Egg Place Cards

I couldn't resist squeezing in one more easy-peasy Easter project. I got to thinking about my paint chip Easter cards from a few years ago, and thought 'Self, wouldn't they look cool if you turned them into paint chip egg place cards for Easter place setting?'

That self of mine is very clever, so that's what I did.

Paint Chip Easter Egg Place Cards

Sadly, I can no longer find the card's instructions link on on Family.com from my original post, it was FamilyFun.com back then and who knows now. So, I'm recreating it to the best of my ability...


You'll need:
8 1/2 x 11 sheet of green cardstock
egg cookie cutter or your own template
paint chips of your choice, big enough to fit your cutter/template

  1. Everyone's cookie cutter may measure differently so you can adjust accordingly.  Mine is 3" long and 2 1/2" wide at it's widest point.
  2. Trace your cutter/template onto the back of the paint chip and cut out.
  3. Trim your cardstock lengthwise about a 1/2" wider than the width of your cookie cutter; my strip measures at 3" x 11".
  4. Fold the top of your strip to create a fold the length of your egg; I folded mine over at 3".  This creates the body of your place card. 
  5. Fold the second section the same length, then trim the excess off to create the 'grass' at the bottom of the card.
  6. Write your guest's name on the paint chip then adhere to the place card, letting a little of the paint chip peek over the top.  
  7. You can adhere the grass down, like I did on the David place card, or leave it, like the Lesley place card, if you choose.

Paint Chip Easter Egg Place CardsThese will look so darling on your Easter table or buffet...or have the kids make their own for their table! Create templates for everyone and keep them busy while you enjoy a mimosa...or two.

Wishing you and yours a wonder Easter weekend!




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,