For last month's Whisker Graphics Design Team project, I created patriotic treat bags
using their Bigger Bitty Bags. This month, I am at it again, this time using the bags to create patriotic candy poppers
heavy crepe paper sheets
2" X 6" cardboard tubes (find at your favorite craft store)
striped Bigger Bitty Bags
candy or other small items to put inside cracker
double sided tape
1. Place double stick tape on a cardboard tube, then roll across a piece of crepe paper to secure. Attach a piece of tape over the crepe paper to secure to the tube.
2. Trim the crepe paper ends down to about 4" long.
3. Twist one end of the crepe paper and tie with ribbon, then fill roll with candy or other small items.
4. Twist the other end of crepe paper and tie with ribbon. and secure with ribbon, tie in bow.
5. Trim a Bigger Bitty Bag to 7 ½" on the long side, wrap around the crepe paper tube and secure with tape.
So easy, right? The perfect way to celebrate your next patriotic party in style.
I know...you are running out to make some right now.
Linking up at Tatertots & Jello, Thirty Handmade Days
Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on Facebook
. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email
. You can also follow the blog with Feedly.
Labels: 4th Of July/Memorial Day, crafts, Tuesday Tutorial