Tuesday Tip - 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT Review

I participated in the Lifestyle/Social Media Program for DriveShop and was provided this vehicle to test drive free of charge as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with this vehicle. This review is based strictly on my opinion.

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

When I attended the SoFabuUOTR conference a few months ago,  I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with DriveShop, the leading automotive press fleet management company in the United States for over twenty years.

They love their automotive media, but realize that not all people care about horsepower and how well a car does in the racing world.  In fact, most people would rather learn how safe and practical a vehicle is, along with how fun it is to drive that aren't necessarily auto experts but share the same lifestyle.

I'm definitely no auto expert.  I can't even change my own flat tire...although I can inflate them, check my fluids and put gas into the car.  I know...stop booing.  That's what our we-pay-a-lot-of-money-for insurance/roadside-service is for.

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

So when they reached out to me to take one of their vehicles for a week and see what I thought about it, I was more than game. My only requirement...usable space.  I have teen and tween boys...who have lots of friends, play sports and require copious amounts of food. Which means I am constantly chauffeuring them places and live at Costco.

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT interior

The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT is a seven passenger crossover SUV that I believed was designed with kids in mind.  The flat-folding 3rd row means more seating when in use, although it's a little cramped.  My 11 year old and his friend fit fine, but I'm not too sure about adults back there.  However, I can tote 6 kids for an afternoon out, sadly, something I can never do in my car.


2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT back view

There isn't a lot of cargo space when the 3rd row is in use, but when it is folded down, it's a party planner's dream...lots of space for all my bins, boxes and various things I tote to events and shoots.

Although it comes with  Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, and an iPod/USB interface, we had problems syncing my son's iPod playlist but no problems doing it with my S6.  That child spent every moment in the car trying to get it to work for him.  I started singing 'Let It Go' from Frozen.

I love the lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance system that includes a rear-view camera and if I didn't brake within a certain distance of another vehicle, the car will auto-brake!

Our Outlander GT was upgraded with the premium option package that includes a sunroof, roof rails, a power liftgate, leather upholstery, a power driver seat and a nine(!!)-speaker Rockford Fosgate surround-sound audio system with satellite radio. So you know my son was trying to blast the bass...

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT touchscreen

My car doesn't have a cool touchscreen; the Outlander's 7" screen goes from Sirius to navigation with a touch of a button.  Again, more button fiddling with from the boy. And going through every XM station.

If you live in a hilly area, like traveling through Seattle, hill-start assist is your best friend...none of that heart-stopping rollback when you take your foot off the brake.

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT outside

Seriously, I can go on all day about all the great features and upgrades; we had an awesome time driving this vehicle and enjoying all it has to offer.  The 2015s are still available at dealerships but the 2016 will be coming out soon with over 100 improvements;  you can see and build your own at Mitsubishi.com.

I participated in the Lifestyle/Social Media Program for DriveShop and was provided this vehicle to test drive free of charge as part of the program. Others may have a different opinion or experience with this vehicle. This review is based strictly on my opinion.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: ,