Hamburger + Hot Dog Ice Cream Doughnuts With Blue Bunny & Free Printables

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC + Free Printables

It's summer and around our house, that means lots of ice cream eating.  Did you know last Sunday was National Ice Cream Day? And I just found out, July is National Ice Cream Month! A whole month!

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC

Because of my bad sweet tooth, finding new ways to combine my favorite foods is an artform.  I've seen doughnuts sandwiched with ice cream and cookies sandwiched with ice cream to resemble hamburgers.  I decided with a little help from Blue Bunny ice cream to combine those two ideas to celebrate the best things about summer,  hamburgers and hot dogs!

I know...your teeth are hurting from all the sweetness.  Like I said, bad sweet tooth.  I blame my mother.  Also for my mint chocolate chip ice cream obsession.


Head into Walmart for all your summer snacking needs...and plenty of ice cream.  While there, I picked up cinnamon bun doughnuts and doughnut twists, frosting, kiwi fruit and licorice to create my hamburgers and hot dogs.

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; display on a mini grill

I found my mini grill at my favorite international store; how could I resist not using it to show off our creations?

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; hamburger ice cream

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; hot dog ice cream

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; hot dog ice cream doughnut in basket

I used chocolate ice cream to form patties and wieners; black licorice is perfect for mimicking grill lines on the patties.  Diced kiwi works as our relish and both are finished off with a squeeze of tinted frosting. You can purchased frosting tubes or bag it yourself and use a #12 round tip.

My super cute wood utensils can be purchased here...

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; hot dog and hamburger ice cream cone wrappers

Making hamburger and hot dog ice cream doughnuts is a fun but messy project, so to keep the summer fun more manageable and still perfect for your next BBQ, I created coordinating ice cream cone wrappers you can download for free. (Scroll down for links).

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; mint chocolate chip ice cream

Make BBQ Ice Cream Treats With @BlueBunnyIC; ice cream wrappers

I had to show them off use my favorite ice cream...wait for it...mint chocolate chip.  All you need to do to jazz up your favorite flavors; download, print and cut out ice cream wrappers, use adhesive or double-sided tape on one edge and wrap around a sugar cone.

FREE BBQ THEMED ICE CREAM WRAPPERS – Download Links:
(click on a link to download the high-res pdfs. ENJOY!)

 - Hamburger and hot dog collage ice cream wrappers 
 - Hamburger and hot dog ice cream wrapper


Be sure and keep an eye out for a Blue Bunny demo at your local store; I attended one and she shared a great idea of fresh, sliced peaches over vanilla ice cream.

Check out lots of other fabulous ice cream creations at Blue Bunny's Social Hub; the Banana Split Ice Cream Cake is to die for!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? My runner-up is chocolate chip cookie dough...

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , ,