Gluten Free S'mores Bars

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias

Gluten Free S'mores Bars

My name is Dawn and I love cereal.  Probably, because growing up, my mom rarely bought dry cereal.  But when she did, it was Cheerios™ because of its low-sugar content. I remember adding sugar, slicing bananas and strawberries into our cereal to make it sweeter.

Sadly, we didn't appreciate that side of it until I became a mom. When my boys were little, they lived on Cheerios™ and goldfish crackers!  I think it's an innate mom thing...not too long ago, when my sister-in-law drove up for a visit, I had to put my dog in her mini-van so he could eat them up all the Cheerios™ off the van floor.

Some moms don't get this pleasure because of gluten allergies, so I'm excited to share that you can now purchase gluten free Cheerios™ products!

They will be made with inherently gluten free whole grain oats as the first ingredient and the other ingredients in their cereal products are already gluten free.  They will have the the same great taste and cost, and except for Multigrain, none of the other products needed to be reformulated.


To celebrate the new line, they have launched the Buy-A-Box-Give-A-Box Coupon program;  you'll be able to give the gift to a friend or loved one by purchasing a specially marked package of Cheerios™ at Walmart.

It is so easy to do...the red sticker on the front of the box contains a unique code that shoppers can enter online and create an e-card to email to a friend.  Your friend will click the link and enter their mailing address and received a VIP coupon in the mail for a free box of Cheerios™ of their choice!



You can choose from several fun e-card options...this is the one I sent to said sister-in-law...with 3 active kids, she needs all the cereal she can get!

Gluten free S'mores Bars

Speaking of which, I have several friends with gluten allergies so I'm always on the lookout for great recipes to entertain them with. I couldn't wait to use my box of cereal to create a new twist on the classic rice cereal bars, S'mores Bars!

It's like summer all year round, with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate...and everything is gluten free.


Gluten free S'mores Bars how-to

Adapted from A Nation Of Mom's recipe - please note I am not a doctor; always check food labels for your safety!

What You'll Need:

4 cups gluten-free Honey Nut Cheerios™
7 gluten free graham style crackers, broken into small pieces (find them here)
10 oz bag of mini marshmallows (I used these)
2 1.55 oz milk chocolate bars (I used these)
2 tablespoons butter

1. Break your milk chocolate bars into segments, then break those segments in half.

2.  Mix the Honey Nut Cheerios™ and graham style crackers pieces together in a large bowl.

3.  Microwave your marshmallows and butter in increments in a glass bowl until melted.

4.  Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into your cereal mixture and gently stir.

5.  Add your chocolate pieces last so the heat of the mixture doesn't completely melt them.

6.  Wait a few minutes then pour mixture into a greased 9 X 13 pan, pressing gently into the pan. I wanted thicker pieces so I used a 8 X 8 pan.

7.  Stand back and watch them get inhaled.

Have gluten allergies? Now you can make gluten free s'mores bars with Cheerios

Be sure and get your hands on a box of the specially marked gluten free Cheerios™...who are you going to send a free box to?

 I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,