Yesterday's Party Palette
kicked off our week of Fruity Pebbles love! Today's Tuesday Tutorial is so easy, you will be making them for every occasion you want to step up your ice cream or pudding game. Which is really, any time.
I've made edible bowls
before, and to take it to the next level, I dipped them in cereal! Oh yes, an edible candy bowl made with Fruity Pebbles.
What You'll Need:
12 oz bag of white candy melts
4 cups of cereal
wax or parchment paper
1. Add the white candy melts in to a microwave-safe bowl and follow the directions on the package. The texture should be on the smooth side, but not too runny. We don't want the melt to get too hot (slightly warm is best) because it will cause your balloon to explode and we don't want that.
2. Wash the outsides of your balloons and carefully dry, then blow them up to to the size you want your bowls to be. Mine are about the size of a large apple.
3. While the melt is still smooth and slightly warm, hold a balloon by the knot and dip it in the melt until it comes halfway up the sides of the balloon. Rotate so the sides are evenly coated.
4. Lift the balloon out of the melt and let the excess drip back into the bowl.
5. Fill another bowl with cereal; while carefully rotating the balloon, sprinkle the cereal all over the candied section of the balloon. To get the bottom of the balloon covered, set it into the cereal in the bowl. Because the melt has had a little time to cool on the balloon, carefully press and LIFT the balloon out of the cereal to fully coat the candy. The candy melt is too soft initially to do this, it will just slide off the balloon.
6. Place the dipped balloon on a baking sheet covered in parchment or waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining melt and balloons. Once all the balloons are dipped, refrigerate the tray to set the coating, about 10 minutes.
7. To remove the balloons, hold the knot and carefully cut a small hole right below it. It will deflate down to the coating. Carefully pull the balloon off the coating.
Now, you are ready to fill with whatever your heart desires...from ice cream, sherbet, pudding, fill them with candy and bag them up...you name it, it can go in!
Yes, I know...you are off to make them right now...and if you are looking for more ways to eat Fruity Pebbles outside the cereal bowls, I'm sharing out 12 more ways here
Linking up at Bird's Party
Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on Facebook
. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email
. You can also follow the blog with Feedly.