Tuesday Tip - Get Organized With The DYMO LabelWriter

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DYMOandDone #CollectiveBias

When I started as a party and lifestyle blogger, I never expected my online presence to turn into an offline business. Now, I have receipts, contracts, tax forms, mailing lists, schedules and more to keep up with. In addition to the business side, my prop and supply collection has grown enormously and organization is a must!

For today's Tuesday Tip, I'm sharing how the DYMO LabelWriter® 450 Value Pack is my lifesaver and a few of my favorite hacks to help you get organized and ready for tax-filing season!

Get ready for tax season with the DYMO LabelWriter

From creating labels for receipts, expenses and mailings, to invoices, contracts and other business documents, the LabelWriter helps me keep these important documents organized so they are easy to find for tax-filing season.   When I feel like I can put my hands on what I need quickly and not have to shuffle through and sort everything out, it brings my stress level down and of course, saves my most important asset, time! You know, we all need more of that, especially with April 15 creeping up fast.

Get Organized With DYMO LabelWriter

I am addicted to mine and have become a labeling fool! You can eliminate the waste and hassle of sheet labels because the LabelWriter can print precise quantities without difficulty. None of that fumbling with sheet labels on a desktop printer when you need to print out just one label.

Speaking of labels, the Value Pack comes with four LabelWriter® label rolls; appointment card, shipping, file folder and multi-purpose labels. In fact, it is now free when when you purchase four LabelWriter label rolls!  I used the file folder labels on these fun neon folders for all of my different business categories.


If you like my more stylish option of folder storage...it's a bamboo dish display rack! Yes, just like the ones you see in stores displaying their...wait for it...dishes.  The slots are wider than your typical holder, so it can also hold my notebooks and editorial calendar in addition to my folders, keeping all my business doodads in order.

Label mini organizers with a DYMO LabelWriter

I also used the file folder labels for my mini organizer that fits in my purse; it helps keep my purchase receipts organized and separate from my coupons, so they can be filed away when I get back home.


With easy to handle DYMO Label™ software for your PC or Mac®, you can create custom labels from over 60 label styles and layouts directly from text in Microsoft® Word, Excel®, Outlook®, QuickBooks® and other programs or easily print addresses from Outlook® Contacts or Mac® Address Book Print. So, you know this means you can use your own fonts and upload logos and other graphics to brand all of your printings.


My favorite part is its thermal printing technology, saving even more money and last-minute low-ink panicking because it eliminates the need for expensive ink or toner.  I used the multi-purpose labels to get my prop house in order.

Getting prop and supply bins organized with DYMO LabelWriter


It is so nice and orderly, with all of my bins consistently labeled and everyone has a home.  For the record, this is only a small section of bins...it is a bit scary if I show you all of them.  Someone may feel the need to stage an intervention...because who has not one but two large bins of candy molds?



Be sure and head out to your local Staples for your own DYMO LabelWriter and get your small business organized quickly and efficiently.  Click here and check out lots of great ideas and tips others use their LabelWriter for.

Leave a comment and tell us how you are getting ready for tax season...we can use all the help we can get!

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DYMOandDone #CollectiveBias




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,