Where did February go? Wasn't it just New Year's? Awards season wraps up this weekend with the granddaddy of them all, the Academy Awards. I have always wanted to host a girls' night Oscars viewing party, can you believe I've never hosted one?
It's the perfect excuse to invite friends over to dress up and drink champagne, especially when I was offered the chance to partner with Party City and use a few of their products
. Here are my a few easy ways to host your own viewing party; it's all about easy glitz and glamour.
Set The Scene
- Invite your guests to dress in their cocktail fines and they become part of your decor. Plus, who doesn't like to dress up?
- Head to your local Party City for lots of great items and props for your party! From scene setters and fringe curtains to foil and latex balloons, you can get your space ready for a night of fun.
- I used the Starry Night room roll to cover my wall that served as a photobooth backdrop and our champagne bar and added lots of shiny paper fans, garlands and banners
- Balloons are always a great way to get the most decorating bang for your buck. I mixed helium and air filled balloons that became great props for photos.
- Sometimes, the simplest things can make great decor! I lined my existing paintings with wrapping paper and hung plastic top hats. You can decorate an entire space with them, hang them like a garland, even line with food-safe paper and serve snacks in them.
- I absolutely love double duty decor pieces like my chalkboard marquee sign; it is the perfect start for our popcorn bar and hangs in my family room when not in use.
What To Serve:
- It is a awards show devoted to movies, so a popcorn bar is a must. There are lots of amazing recipes to make your own flavored popcorns, add ons and flavorings. You can always take my route and head to your favorite gourmet food spots to purchase them already flavored.
- You must have lots of chocolate when serving champagne...they go hand in hand! Mix up your baked goods routine with shaped baking pans. I made chocolate mini Bundt cakes with my new, favorite ganache recipe and finished them off with a chocolate covered gummi bear and almond with gold sprinkles. They are no more complicated than cupcakes...just pouring the batter in the pan.
- Pretty, chocolate covered caramels and fruit are a great way to round out your menu. Little nibbles are always best...
- It's ok to mix china with paper and plastic! I used my favorite striped china with popcorn boxes, paper napkins and plastic cutlery.
Have A Champagne Bar
Snap Fun Photos
- Our champagne bottle balloons inspired our bar area. I kept it simple with a blood orange champagne cocktail with a rock candy garnish. You know I love my San Pelligrino sparkling beverages...champagne and their blood orange Aranciata Rossa is just the best.
- A drink tip - our drinks made with Brut dissolved the rock candy faster...
- Glitter letters are a fun drink marker option...which is a must as the night progresses.
All you need are a few fun props like boas and movie scene markers, and you have a fun activity to keep guests entertained before the show begins!
I hope you are inspired to have a few friends, a few laughs and cheer on your favorite movies!
Are you hosting an awards party? What are some of your favorite party tips?
Where To Buy:
gold doorway curtain, champagne bottle balloons, starry night room roll, movie scene markers, clear ice bucket, popcorn boxes, plastic top hats, black, silver and gold balloons, rock candy sticks, helium tank - Party City
marquee lights chalkboard, gold fans, feather boas, glass vessels - Michaels
Linking up at Tatertots and Jello
This is a sponsored post, however all opinions and ideas given are my own.
Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on Facebook
. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email
. You can also follow the blog with Feedly.