Tuesday Tutorial - Upcycled Diet Coke Bottle Flower Vases

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UniquelyMine #Kroger

No two people are alike, and with the release of Coca-Cola’s uniquely designed Diet Coke bottles, neither is your Diet Coke. Millions of designs will be released and no two bottles are the same!

Turn your uniquely designed Diet Coke bottles into paper flower vases

I was so excited for the chance to get these bottles last fall before they went on the market. I’m a sucker for fabulous packaging and it always hurts my soul not to keep every pretty bottle and box I come across…I have too much stuff as it is. But these bottles are definite keepers; available for only a limited time, these unique and colorful designs won’t be coming around again.

Upcycled Diet Coke Bottle Flower Vases

After you finish drinking, keep them around by turning the bottles into flower vases. I thought it would be fun to use them to decorate for a just-because get-together. No fussiness here, just a few sweet nibbles, glasses of Diet Coke, of course, and vases hanging over, filled with white paper flowers and greenery.


You know I love my reusable partyware, and paper flowers are always ready to go. You can freehand the blooms and leaves yourself or if you are like me, not the best free hand skills, use the template I used found here.


What You’ll Need 

clean, empty bottles
white cardstock
baker’s twine
long bamboo skewers
flower template download
hot glue gun
white acrylic paint
dry adhesive or glue stick
greenery (storebought or from your backyard)

  1. Paint the bamboo skewers white and set aside to dry. 
  2. Free hand flowers and leaves on white cardstock and cut them out OR print the flower template onto the white cardstock and cut out. I used 1 of each flower design, for a total of 3 flowers per bottle, and one leaf per bottle. 
  3. Assemble the flowers according to the template directions, using your adhesive. 
  4. Carefully, hot glue a bloom (and a leaf on one) onto the dull end of the bamboo skewer, repeating until all the flowers are finished. 
  5. Fill your bottle with a few stems of greenery, then insert the flower skewers; arrange everyone to your liking. 
  6. Use baker's’ twine to hang your vases.
Handcut paper flyers in a upcycled Diet Coke vase

When the party is done, they are lovely on their own on a bedside table or shelf and when the greenery are done, you’ll still have the bottle and flowers!



I know, so easy to do...the hardest part is cutting out all the paper flowers...because you know all my treats are storebought.

I hope you are inspired to head out to your local Kroger and pick up a few treats and fabulously designed bottles of Diet Coke and share a little pretty at your next get together!

I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UniquelyMine #Kroger




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , ,