Fiesta Friday - How To Style A Easter Table

It started with these pretty straws....

How To Style A Easter Table; the pretty palette of these paper straws can inspire an entire party!

I was strolling through one of my favorite home goods store brainstorming ideas for a pretty and easy Easter table when I saw these fun and cheery straws! I'm really trying to stay away from holiday-themed partyware so they can be used all year round.  Another one of my party goals is to use what I already have...organizing all of my supplies and props has completely changed my shopping habits.

How To Style A Easter Table

I already have several items in the straws' color palette so everything was easy to pull together! Here's how you can recreate the look for your table....

How To Style A Easter Table

Keep Your Party Palette To 2 Or 3 Colors
The best and easiest way to give your party space a cohesive look is to use to 2 or 3 colors but this doesn't mean you can't have variations of each! My colors are pink, mint green and yellow but there is a lot of creative room in the various color shades.

Use Wrapping Paper As A Tablecover
I never tire of wrapping paper as a tablecover.  The staggering array of colors and textures is amazing, plus cleanup is a snap; no worries of stains or having to iron.  Because of my hoarding tendencies with wrapping paper, I already had this on hand, a 'just because' purchase and it worked perfectly.  It is a great base to any party table.

How To Style A Easter Table; carrot cake muffins

How To Style A Easter Table; salad with bunny ear cookies

How To Style A Easter Table; Peep shaped Rice Krispie Treats

How To Style A Easter Table; pretty drink packaging fits in perfectly

Presentation Is Everything...But There Is Nothing Wrong With Shortcuts
From fabulous appetizers to specialty cakes, I have learned to outsource certain entertaining aspects that I'm not the best at.  I'm also a whiz at jazzing up store bought fare; believe me, no one is going to care that my carrot cake muffins are not homemade, but from Trader Joe's that I added a gummi carrot to.  Take food out of their packaging and display them on platters or in bowls. Yes, those are Oreo cookies...but how cute are they in a little compote bowl?  Mix things up and serve salad in short glasses.

My bunny and chick treats are Rice Krispies Treats, cut with a cookie cutters and dipped in candy melts.  I didn't even make the treats myself; I cut them out of those giant sheets found at bigger box stores.  Seriously, they are a lifesaver!

How To Style A Easter Table; Bunny Peep placesetting

Don't Be Afraid Of Disposable Partyware
I know, 'real' event and party planners may turn their noses up at paper goods...but they've come a long way in style and even materials, from the lowly foam cups and you-need-to-put-5-together-or-food-bleeds-through paper plates.  Of course, there is always a time and place; feel free to break out your best china for Easter dinner but just know there are other fabulous options.  I'm obsessed with bamboo and wood products; they come in so many finishes and shapes and are biodegradable.

How To Style A Easter Table; easy Easter bucket centerpieces

How To Style A Easter Table

Think Outside The Flower Box
I love fresh flowers...but we all know that early spring is a hard time for a good selection of blooms.  I've used vegetables as fabulous centerpiece options; carrots and cauliflower are great ones to use for Easter.  But don't forget those plastic eggs can be used for more than just the hunt!  I found these adorable plastic Easter baskets at Target that matched perfectly with our table and filled them with coordinating eggs for fun centerpieces. 

How to style a Easter table with easy tips and ideas

With Easter right around the corner, I hope you have been inspired to take a little extra step or two and style a fabulous table for family and friends!

Need more Easter inspiration? Check out my paper Easter basket post for another great placesetting or centerpiece idea.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , , , , ,