Disco Churro Bar

We've been having Cinco De Mayo party inspiration with a twist all week, from three boozy drink twists on classics to six party must-haves.   We are ending with this week's Fiesta Friday with my twist on a twist, a Disco Churro Bar. I know...churros!

Your Cinco De Mayo party needs a Disco Churro Bar!

I am going through a disco phase...I've decided that I need to create more reasons to bust out my many disco balls.  Especially since I now own these.  And disco ball plates. And lots of mirrored trays and platters. So when I think of disco balls, I think Cinco De Mayo.  Totally.

Disco Churro Bar for Cinco de Mayo

So, I decided the perfect way to finish your fiesta is with dessert, a churro bar.  Set up a fun area that allows guests to help themselves, right after the meal or at their leisure.

You can make churros yourself, there are oodles of recipes from baking and frying them to gluten free options and easy shortcuts.  I did the easiest of them all and picked mine up fresh from a local vendor.  Paired with chocolate and caramel dipping sauces, a few fiesta-inspired decorations, you've got yourself another mini party.

Disco Churro Bar; lots of churros...

Disco Churro Bar; cactus shooters


Disco Churro Bar

If you saw my sneak peek on Instagram, I glammed up my mini pinatas and chipboard letters with shiny fringe. A lot of shiny fringe.  FYI...I am in serious love with my new neon coral cake stands.  Not only are they melamine, but you can take it apart; the base unscrews out of the base.  Oh yes, they are outside party ready to go.

Disco Churro Bar; shiny fringe pinatas

Your Cinco de Mayo party needs a Disco Churro Bar!
Seriously, can you hear Donna Summer crooning somewhere?


Disco Churro Bar; pineapple margaritas

Don't forget to have a pitcher of drinks...or a pineapple decanter of drinks.



Disco Churro Bar; churro plate and shooter


There is nothing better than fresh churros and dipping sauce...they are a sweet way to end a great day celebrating with family and friends.

I hope you have been inspired to throw the awesomest fiesta this year! Need more fiesta inspiration? Be sure and check out my Cinco De Mayo party post with Oriental Trading.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , , ,