This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. All opinions are my own. #SummerOfFloats
My boys have been out of school over a week, so our summer has begun! They are ready to start crossing things off our summer bucket list, which includes eating lots of ice cream, and I couldn’t agree more.
Nothing says summer like making ice cream floats and we couldn’t wait to get our noggins together to create a few fun recipes. S’mores and cherries are the epitomes of summer, so we came up with Teddy S’mores Floats and Cherry Pepper Floats.
I love that one of our recipes is nostalgic, made with the float classic, Regular A&W® Root Beer, but the other has a modern twist with Dr Pepper® Cherry. Making our floats are one of those great moments mamas like to soak up, especially with my boys getting older. Even better? You can find everything you need for both floats with a quick trip to your local Target….I’m sure most of you are like me and pretty much live there.
I love our Cherry Pepper Floats, it is cherries, cherries, cherries! The hardest thing to make was the fresh cherry syrup...and only because it requires using a stove!
What You’ll Need:
Archer Farms Amaretto Cherry Gelato
Dr Pepper® Cherry
cherry syrup (I used this great recipe
cherries, pitted and sliced
whole cherries for garnish
- Add a couple of scoops of gelato to a tall glass.
- Fill glass with Dr Pepper® Cherry.
- Add sliced cherries and drizzle on cherry syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and finish with a cherry on top.
Of course, the boys’ favorite is the Teddy S’mores Float! Kids of all ages will love making these...
What You’ll Need:
Archer Farms Caramel Fudge Brownie ice cream
Regular A&W® Root Beer
bear graham crackers
1. Frost the outside of the glass with chocolate frosting.
2. Attach the bear graham cookies to the frosting to rim the glass.
3. Drizzle chocolate syrup along the insides of the glass. We did this first and because it took so long to frost and rim the glass, the syrup eventually settled to the bottom. Hindsight is 20/20…
4. Add a couple of scoops of ice cream to your glass.
5. Fill glass with Regular A&W® Root Beer.
6. Add a dollop of marshmallow fluff.
7. Finish with a swirl of whipped cream, chocolate syrup and a few more bear graham crackers.
What a fun way to spend some quality time enjoying a beautiful day outside...these were so fun to make, and the boys enjoyed licking the frosting off the glass.
Yes, you want to run out and make these floats and I’m here to help; add this offer to your Cartwheel
: 5% OFF 2L or Mini Cans of A&W®, Sunkist®, 7UP®, Canada Dry®, Dr Pepper® and more.
Stack up your savings with this in-store display from 6/26-7/30: Buy any two Archer Farms 48 oz Ice-Creams, Get a FREE 2L or 6PK Mini Cans A&W®, Sunkist®, 7UP®, Canada Dry® and more.
I hope you are inspired to have a summer of floats! Check out even more amazing recipes and fun ideas here
and let us know if you do, we would love to see what you make...