I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BTSSpirit #CollectiveBias
When did it become August? We are just getting into our summer groove and now it's time to think about back to school! With middle and high school boys, keeping them well-fed is always a priority! They are always on the go, from early morning band practice to afterschool sports and activities.
Like many parents, we have a busy schedule but I always want them to have something a little special from home. I'm teaming up with MARS Wrigley to share two fun snack ideas inspired by this summer's blockbuster Ghostbusters
; a sweet and tasty Kellogg’s Froot Loops
™ popcorn bark and a post-practice energy trail mix with Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
® plus a free printable you can download and use!
Both snacks are easy to make and stored in white ice cream tubs to keep them fresh and ready to throw into a lunchbox, backpack or sports bag. The best part, you can find almost everything you need at Walmart.
What You'll Need:
Kellogg’s Froot Loops™
white and green candy melts
ghost sprinkles (I found mine here
red sugar crystals
white popcorn (I purchased mine already popped since it has less oil.)
8 oz ice cream tub and clear lid (found at a local restaurant supply store)
1. Separate out red and green cereal.
2. Melt white and green candy melt according to the package's directions.
3. Spread a thick layer of melted white candy onto wax paper, then swirl in melted green candy.
4. Sprinkle on your toppings. I like to work with the largest pieces first, like the popcorn and cereal, so I have time to gently press them into the candy melt before it cools and hardens. The lighter pieces like the sprinkles fill in all the holes.
5. Let the bark completely cool then cut into pieces with a large knife.
6. Add pieces to the ice cream tub and cover.
Seriously, we love candy bark around these parts; it is so easy to make and customize and makes a fun after school treat.
Energy Trail Mix
What You'll Need:
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®
yogurt covered raisins
honey roasted peanuts
16 oz ice cream tub (found at a local restaurant supply store)
slime drip download
1. Download my free slime drip border and print onto sticker paper, trim and adhere to the ice cream tub.
2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and stir, then scoop into the ice cream tub.
Step back because this trail mix will be inhaled very quickly. My oldest has cross-country after school and trail mix is a great snack to throw into his sports bag.
You can also find Ghostbusters
themed merchandise for more back to school fun. Be on the look out for the M&M’s® Milk Chocolate Bottle – Ghostbusters themed packaging and the in store coupon with savings of $0.75 off 1 M&M's® Bottle July 17 - September 30.
Plus, find other MARS treats like the Mixed Mini Variety, Mixed Chocolate Variety and SNICKERS® Mixed Mini bags you can use to surprise your teen with even more sweets and make the first day of school super special.
Be sure and click here
to check out other great ways to get ready for back to school!
Do you have any back to school treats you like to make for your teens? Leave us a comment, I would love to hear what you do!
Linking up at Homestories A To Z
Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on Facebook
. Learn about upcoming events, giveaways and more with my weekly newsletter and sign up by email
. You can also follow the blog with Feedly.